Letter to Our Patients
Updated May 27, 2020
To our Woodcreek Family Dental patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Please wait in your car when you park, then call us – we will open the front door when we have completed our disinfection protocols from the previous patient.
- Preferably, travel with as few companions as needed, so that use of the waiting room is reduced. Alternatively, they can wait in the car during the patient’s treatment.
- Your temperature and oxygen saturation will be taken, as these are potential markers for the novel coronavirus.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Also, we will have you rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash prior to treatment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce the wait for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We are using air purification systems with HEPA filters and UV-C light.
- Existing HVAC returns have been fitted with filters of at least a MERV rating of 13.
- All high-traffic areas are disinfected daily, as well as high-touch objects between patients.
- Staff wash their hands frequently and are subject to the same temperature, oxygen saturation levels and screening questions we ask of you.
And as always:
- All room surfaces are disinfected between patients and all instruments are properly sterilized.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Make an appointment online or call the office at (469) 278-7988.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. As that wise sage from Austin, Matthew McConaughey, observes, “Even though we’re a bit farther apart these days, we’re all in this together.”
Dr. Foley, Dr. Villaruel and staff